"Where Natural Hair Is The Ultimatum"

Friday, August 10, 2012

I Hear Bells!

Not wedding bells, school bells! High school bells to be exact! I know I haven't posted in a while and decided to make a "short/sweet" post to let you all know that I'm still here! lol School has T-I-R-E-D M-E- O-U-T! Yes, literally!! I feel so drained when I get home that I immediately take naps! As of now, my hair is being "protected from the expected". Wonder why I say this? Well let's just say going to school and trying to do hair, get dressed, get all my books together and making sure not to leave any books or my purse, and getting on the bus is hectic for someone like me! I hate getting up early and I have to drag myself out of bed just to figure out what I'm going to wear and being a girl it's so many outfits I go through before picking out the "right" one for that day,sometimes wearing the first outfit that was picked! I love school, don't get me wrong! lol But yes, just wanted to let you wonderful naturalistas know that I'm still here! Hope you enjoy your weekend and until next time. . .  .




With Curly Love,
TrueKinks

3 comments:

  1. I understand how stressful mornings can be! Good luck!!! I'm sure your outfits and hair are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I ended up having to take the pants back since I had gained (hate puberty right about now lol) Sooo back to the store we'll be going this weekend lol I was so mad because I had picked out my outfit and when I tried on the pants they were fitting very tight and the other ones as well so that just spoiled my day somewhat lol This time I'll know to leave some "extra room" lol

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    First, we just wanted to salute you as we are on the same platform as you. We also believe in embracing and promoting natural natural hair-especially among modern teens. Mandisa and I have a blog also called It's A Curls World. We are 18 year old college students but we started It's A Curls World when we were 17. It's A Curls World is dedicated to promoting inner beauty and confidence for young women and girls of color. In a society where other people keep telling us what is beautiful we thought that we should put our foot down once and for all. We promote natural hair although we never make others feel as if that is their only choice. Besides natural hair, we also discuss health, fashion, beauty, our opinions on current events and life events such as our natural hair journey. We feel that as teens ourselves we see the world differently. We feel that we can connect with our readers as friends who are just hanging out. This is why we write the way we do. All of our blog posts are written in letter form. I hope that this gave you a glimpse of what we're about; for the real deal here is a link to our website: http://www.itsacurlsworld.com/?m=0

    Thanks,
    Sarah Farma and Mandisa Shields, Co-Founders

    ReplyDelete

At Naturally Unique Sistas everyone's input is appreciated! Feel free to comment or ask me anything!